Job Type: Business Development Manager – Veterinary Supplies and Consumables
Salary: £30,000 DOE plus 25 days holiday, staff discounts and excellent pension scheme
Hours: 37.5 hours pw. Mon – Fri 0900-1730
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Job ref: 9565
Here at VF Recruitment, we are working with our clients, a dedicated wholesaler which specialises in veterinary supplies and consumables, to find their next hire!
They have an extensive portfolio of nearly 3000 branded items that have been developed to meet the diverse day to day needs of busy Veterinary Practices.
The range includes items such as needles, syringes, dressings, infusion products, sterilisation and infection control products, wound care, protective wear, surgical instruments and a whole host of other veterinary supplies. All of their branded products are reliable, effective and of the highest quality and include products from Terumo, Millpledge, Jelco, Anigene, HibiScrub, 3M, Clinell, Barber of Sheffield, Swann-Morton, BSN and many more.
Their veterinary supplies range features many of the leading recognisable names in veterinary supplies and our low prices and fast delivery guarantee that you’ll find the very best quality products for your practice for less.
My clients are continually monitoring and improving their product range, based around customer feedback and preferences, to ensure they offer the best possible selection and choice at the lowest possible prices. On average they are typically saving a minimum of 40% off standard wholesaler/supplier list prices, giving practices the chance to save thousands of pounds a year.
Their aim is always to supply high quality products at the lowest possible prices, with fast delivery. Their focus on customer service has ensured they have grown to over 1500 satisfied customers.
If you are a motivated, open minded, up for a challenge, forward thinking individual then this role offers great opportunities for you and your future career progression!
You, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will:
- Manage the primary sales activities for the business.
- Generate additional revenue and profitability for the business.
- Support the Director and Senior Managers in effective promotion and running of the business.
The role will involve interaction in several different healthcare sectors, with the predominant activity within the Veterinary market, discussing the proposition and products, and attracting new customers. The BDM will also retain all new customers building up a portfolio, on which a commission structure will be based. You will be expected to undertake periodic reviews with your customers to maximise customer penetration across the product portfolio range, as well as identifying further opportunities for new products. The BDM will play a key role in a 5-year business plan to double the size of the business, and opportunities for Sales Management within this time period should arise.
The Successful Applicant will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Self-generation of sales opportunities
- Extensive outbound telephone activity
- New Business activity
- Grow and expand the customer base, through organic growth and acquisition
- Monthly reporting to Senior Management Team
- Involvement in business wide activities
- Health and safety
- Quality issues
- Organise sales campaigns with support of Marketing Team
- Support creation of sales collateral
Background / experience in veterinary – ideally an RVN now looking for non-clinical work.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- First class numeracy and literacy skills
- GCSE Grades C or above in English and Maths
- This role offers a competitive salary, increase after probation, and regular pay reviews.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Staff Discount.
- Excellent pension scheme.
Interested? Be 1st … Apply now!
Supporting Cotswold Riding for Disabled Association (RDA).
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VF Recruitment – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference (9540).
Thanks, and good luck, VF Recruitment.