Role: Tractor Driver
Hours: Permanent, Full time, 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Colchester (Farm based, near Colchester)
Salary: £30,000- £35,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
At VF Recruitment we are proud to work in partnership with one of the country’s leading salad growers. They produce a very recognisable product that we see in regular exemplary supply in our local supermarket chains. Setting high standards, there are 2 openings for experienced Tractor Drivers on a permanent basis to join their successful team.
As a skilled tractor driver, your responsibilities will include, completing maintenance duties, and all general farm task. You will be expected to be able to carry out tasks using farm implements e.g. Spraying, fertiliser, drilling, cultivations, and irrigation, no name a few.
- Driving and carrying out regular maintenance on tractors and other agricultural equipment
- Operate Tractors and machinery safely and efficiently
- Carry out daily routine checks on vehicles to ensure they are safe to operate, and any faults are reported to the growing manager
- To ensure that health and safety is always adhered to and that all incidents and accidents are reported to the management team
- The spraying and fertiliser application on indoor and outdoor crops
- To assist with the drilling of baby leaf crops both indoor and outdoor
- To assist with cultivations where required across the farm
- The setting up and movement of irrigation equipment
- The movement of agricultural equipment, produce or other items with a tractor or trailer
- General farm tasks, such as green burning, hoeing, crop cover, sanding and site maintenance
- Must be hard working and physically fit due to the demand of the job responsibilities
- Must be punctual wit good time keeping
- Have the ability to carry out duties unsupervised, in all weather conditions, irregular hours, as required
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of health and safety
- Must have the ability to follow written and verbal instruction
Skills we require:
- Previous experience driving modern agricultural equipment
- A good level of spoken English is desirable
- A full clean driving licence
- PA1 and PA2 are both required
- Forklift/Teleporter certificates ideal but not essential
Excellent salary and benefits are on offer for this role.
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VF Recruitment.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VF Recruitment – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VF Recruitment.