Job Type: Head of Haematology
Salary: £Competitive DOE plus 33 days holiday, life assurance and excellent pension scheme
Hours: 40 hours pw.
Location: Lancashire, UK
Job ref: 7921
Here at VF Recruitment, we are working with our clients, an independent veterinary diagnostic laboratory, dedicated to the improvement of animal health through direct support of veterinary practices in the UK and worldwide. They have been delivering service for over 30 years, and we are helping them to find their next hire!
You, the Head of Haematology will:
- Responsible for the organisation of the lab staff, liaising with the Ops Manager as necessary.
- Responsible for the recruitment and HR.
- Responsible for Health and Safety.
- Examination of Blood smears.
- Produce and maintain a training plan for their team.
- Establish and validate methods of examination of samples, liaising with the Operations Manager, Laboratory Manager, Quality Manager and customer facing teams as necessary to ensure best practice for sample handling and analysis.
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of written Standard Operating Procedures and compliance with these to ensure the quality of results.
- Performing method reviews to ensure the most appropriate standards are in use and that the methods are continuing to fulfil the needs of the client.
- Understand the requirements of laboratory customers and incorporates these into the operation of the department.
- Degree or HNC in appropriate subject.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant laboratory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of the important elements of laboratory diagnostic testing.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate.
- 33 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Extra holidays for long service
- Life assurance benefit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
Interested? Be 1st … Apply now!
Supporting Cotswold Riding for Disabled Association (RDA).
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VF Recruitment – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference (9721).
Thanks, and good luck, VF Recruitment.